It’s been a while since I shared a recipe with you all, so enjoy my Mex-Tex Migas! For this recipe, I used the leftover chips at the bottom of the bag since they’re already crushed up and ready to go. Rather than tossing those crumbled up chips away, now you can use them to make a yummy and easy breakfast or dinner!
- 1 1/4 cup of crushed tortilla chips
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese (feel free to use the cheese of your choice)
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 8 slices of hot and sweet jalapeño slices (you can use 1 whole jalapeño seeded and chopped)
- 1/2 avocado thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
1. Crack eggs into a medium sized bowl. Season with salt and pepper and whisk to blend.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Cook onion and jalapeño for about 5 min until softened.
4. Add garlic and cook for a minute more.
5. Reduce heat to low and add eggs to pan. Stir constantly with a rubber spatula for about 1 min.
6. Add cheese and chips, and cook until the eggs are cooked through and cheese is melted, approximately 1 more minute.
7. Next, add in the salsa and stir.
8. Top with avocado slices and cilantro. Feel free to add sour cream, black beans, sriracha or any of your favorite toppings.
9. Serve immediately from the skillet and enjoy! You can eat it on its own or even scoop some into a tortilla.