This Seared Tajin Salmon with Mango Salsa was definitely a hit in my house this past weekend and I wanted to share the recipe with you all! Enjoy this week’s #recipeoftheweek ! Recipe adapted from @andrealoretdemola
- 1 tsp Tajin
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- 1 TBS olive oil
For Mango Corn Salsa:
- 1 cup small diced mango
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 chopped sweet pickled jalapeños (I love them from Trader Joes)
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 ears of corn off the cob
- ½ chopped avocado
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
1. Heat cast iron to high but not smoking.
2. Add Tajin, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper to a small bowl and mix to combine.
3. Generously season salmon filet with spice mixture and olive oil.
4. Place skin side down in cast iron and reduce heat slightly. Cook 3-5 minutes per side until desired doneness.
5. While the salmon is cooking, mix all mango salsa ingredients and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
6. Layer salsa on plate and top with salmon. Enjoy!