Looking to spice up your traditional hummus recipe? You’ve come to the right place. I had 1/4 jar of sun-dried tomatoes leftover and whipped up this fantastic sun-dried tomato hummus.
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 TBS organic tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 cans organic chickpeas
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- Drizzle with 2 TBS olive oil
- Sprinkle with paprika
- Sprinkle 3 TBS pinenuts
- Chopped parsley
1. Boil garbanzos in water with 1 tsp baking soda until soft. You can mash on side of pot with fork.
2. Place garlic, salt, tahini and lemon juice into a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Add garbanzo beans and olive oil and process until smooth.
4. Once smooth add the sun-dried tomatoes, and pulse until they are chopped up and incorporated but not completely smooth.
5. Lastly, add the basil and pulse a couple times until mixed.
6. Refrigerate 1 hour so all ingredients can develop flavor. Spread on a plate and add the additional toppings. Get creative and enjoy!