Can’t wait for you to make these super-yummy Vegetarian Lasagne Rolls with Pesto that I made recently with @everythingevelyne on Instagram Live!
- 1 large sweet potato baked and peel removed
- 4 cups basil leaves - 4 cups fresh spinach leaves - 2 TBS pine nuts - 2 TBS olive oil - 5 cloves garlic - Salt to taste - 15 ounces part skim ricotta (or almond milk ricotta) - 6 ounces grated mozzarella - ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese - Black pepper to taste - 2 cups favorite marinara sauce - 12 organic lasagne noodles (or alternatively I use green lentil and brown rice lasagne noodles)
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a food processor, combine the basil, spinach, pine nuts, olive oil, and garlic to make pesto.
3. Blend until smooth
4. Add the ricotta, half of the mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and the peeled sweet potato into the pesto and process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper
5. Spread ¾ cup of tomato sauce onto the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan
6. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the lasagne noodles and cook until al dente about 10 minutes
7. Drain noodles and lay each one out on a work surface. I layered mine between wax paper so they don't stick.
8. Place a heaping tablespoon of the sweet potato filling on each noodle and and spread to cover.
9. Roll up loosely and place seam side down into the baking pan, snuggly.
10. Top with remaining sauce.
11. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
12. Remove foil and add remaining mozzarella cheese and then bake uncovered about 15 minutes.
13. Cool for at least five minutes and then enjoy!